|Phone:||61 (0)3 9757 0700|
|Fax:||61 (0)3 9757 0705|
|Address:||1 Old Monbulk Road
Belgrave VIC 3160
Puffing Billy is Australia’s favourite steam train and one of the finest preserved steam railways in the world. The train departs daily from Belgrave and travels for 25kms through the forests & fern gullies of the magnificent Dandenong Ranges.
The traditional Excursion Train journey is a great day out….pack a picnic, hop on the train, hang your legs over the side and enjoy the ride!
Share the grandeur and charm of a three hour steam train journey through the scenic vista of the Dandenong Ranges together with family and friends onboard the Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train! Select from a three course Standard Menu or graze over our all new Natter Platter – a great meal to share. The Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train departs Puffing Billy’s Belgrave Station daily at 12.30pm. Bookings are essential and travels to Lakeside Station located in Emerald Lake Park before returning to Belgrave Station at approximately 3.30pm.
The evening Dinner & Dance Train is a truly unique dining experience. Enjoy pre dinner drinks and a lovely homemade soup on the forward journey before disembarking the train at the historic ‘Packing Shed’. Here you will enjoy a selection of roast meats from the buffet and various sweet options. Our musical entertainer adds a pleasant touch of ambience to the evening. On the return journey, tea or coffee, complimentary port and dinner chocolates will be served. Operates most Friday and Saturday evenings. Departs from Puffing Billy’s Belgrave Station at 7.15pm. Arrival back into Belgrave Station is approximately 11.30pm. Bookings are essential.
Why not come to Puffing Billy Railway and Drive A Steam Train! Two options are available:
- The 861 Footplate Experience which operates on weekends only from 6.45am to 4.00pm and includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- The Gourmet Driver Experience which operates seven days a week from 4.00pm to 8.45pm and includes a gourmet dining experience with an Australian BBQ dinner, local cheese and wines.
Puffing Billy Special Events include:
- The Annual Great Train Race – Join 3,200 runners and race against Puffing Billy to see if you can beat this veteran steam train in this popular 13.2km fun run. Held the first Sunday in May.
- Day Out With Thomas held in Spring and Autumn at Puffing Billy’. See a live in steam ‘Thomas The Tank Engine’ and enjoy the ‘Thomas’ and ‘Fat Controller’ pantomime along with other activities taking place at Puffing Billy Emerald Station area.
- Murder On The Puffing Billy Express – An intriguing night of murder, mystery and suspense aboard Puffing Billy’s evening Dinner Special Train. Come dressed as your favourite Agatha Christie character. Prizes offered to the best dressed!
- Jazz on Puffing Billy Railway – A toe-tapping night of Jazz tunes aboard Puffing Billy’s evening Dinner Special Train.
Bookings are essential for all special events.
Enquiries & Bookings
For further information or to make your booking, simply contact our friendly staff at Belgrave Station (Melway Map 75 F10):
Puffing Billy Railway is open daily (excluding Christmas day) and located only one hour from the Melbourne CBD. It is easily accessible via public transport.